This is the official blog for the national organization:
Associate Degree Early Childhood Teacher Educators: ACCESS to Shared Knowledge and Practices
This is a place for faculty and staff in associate degree programs in early childhood education/child development to post information, share practices, talk about current events, build a community of inquiry, and make early childhood education as strong as possible to better serve young children and their families across the country.
Although this is an official blog of ACCESS, opinions expressed on the blog may or may not reflect the organization’s position on any particular topic. This is a forum for the exchange of ideas and it should be a safe place to try new ideas, fail, and try again! Please use respectful language when commenting on posts.
We look forward to the rich dialogue ahead.
ACCESS is an organization founded on the belief that learning is a lifelong process and that associate degree programs are an important link in early childhood professional preparation. The members of ACCESS support the vision that quality care and educational services should be available to all children and their families.
The mission is to:
- Foster cooperation and coordination among professionals at all post-secondary institutions with a common interest in instruction and learning in early childhood.
- Promote the acquisition of a core body of knowledge at the associate degree level.
- Serve as active participants in an interrelated continuum of professional growth and education for children and families.
- Work with practitioners to ensure the availability of quality early care and education for children and families.
- Provide a professional network for sharing knowledge and support among early childhood educators at associate degree granting institutions.
- Address issues and concerns of members and promote the professional growth and education of early childhood practitioners.
- Collaborate with national organizations concerned with the study and education of young children.
- Promote and advocate for quality in early childhood care and education
Everyone is free to subscribe this blog. If you subscribe to the blog it means that you will get an e-mail whenever we add new posts. This can be a nice way to keep in touch. You can also join a specific conversation which is a really cool way to dialogue with other folks on a particular topic.
Welcome to the ACCESS community!